Friday, October 2, 2026

Knee update

 The visit with my ortho went well. The biggest takeaways:

 

Bad

  • Grade 2 MCL strain/tear – 4-6 weeks to fully heal
  • Stress reaction (micro fracture) – 4-6 weeks to fully heal

 

Not so bad

  • “It doesn’t look as bad as I was expecting considering your history”
  • Two weeks of single run (3-4 miles) with as much bike and ElliptiGO as I want, then reassess

This week I also got some work done on my foot and ankle. I've been dealing with arthritis in the ankle joint and in the talar/navicular joint. It took quite a while to get in for a ultrasound guided injection in both joints. On Wednesday I got the injections and I'm hoping it puts a dent in the ongoing pain. I'm also hopeful that not favoring my foot will help with my knee.

Can't stop me from hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment