Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Looking back - Sept 2001

 25 Years ago (Sept 2001) - I only raced twice in this month, I was trying to recover from my Ultra-running exploits. The first race was the Pisgah Mountain 50km trail race in Chesterfield NH. Ben Nephew gave me grief for all the gels and water I was carrying (he was shirtless and carried nothing), but I was worried about a DNF after the disaster at the World 100 km. I took no chances, basically running the race alone in third place. I caught Leigh Schmidt at 26 miles but never saw Ben. I took second place in 3:56:11. Two weeks later I went to the always surprisingly fast Eliot Maine 5k (certified) and finished in 10th place with a 15:33 (4:55/9:58).  35 guys broke 17 minutes!

 

09-16-01 – Pisgah 50km trail

1        3:46:20         Ben Nephew M26    Course Record

2        3:56:12         Dave Dunham         M37   

3        4:01:27         Leigh Schmitt M29   

4        4:36:52         Bob Dion       M46   

6        4:45:04         Nikki Kimball F30    

7        4:45:04         Paul Young   M36   

 

09-30-01 Eliot Maine 5k

1        14:42  Rusty Snow             31      Randolph, MA

2        14:47  Michael Digennaro   23      Essex, MA

3        14:48  Eric Morse               36      Berlin, VT

4        15:04  Guy Stearns            42      New Castle, NH

5        15:12  Wilson Perez           23      Keene, NH

6        15:13  Michael Payson                  38      Falmouth, ME

7        15:21  Alan Bernier            27      Exeter, NH

8        15:30  Paul Johnson           24      Gorham, ME

9        15:31  Casey Carroll           30      Dover, NH

10      15:33  Dave Dunham                   37      Bradford, MA

22      16:14  Byrne Decker          34      Yarmouth, ME

 

No comments:

Post a Comment